Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tom Yum


It embarrasses me to admit it, but I don't make Tom Yum soup from scratch (Actually, I'm not sure if anyone does? I didn't bother to look it up.) I use a paste, which is available in a jar in most oriental food markets (especially if they're Thai markets. Korean markets usually don't have it.)

The recipe, once you have acquired the paste, is very simple: add paste to water (usually like 2 T to 3 cups water, but I start small and adjust up.), add shrimp or chicken or mushrooms if you so choose, and garnish with green onions. Again, if you want to. Or just eat it as broth with nothing in it.

And now I have to get ready for Bankruptcy class, followed by driving my poor half-operational car to the shop, followed by a very nice (and well-deserved, thank you) nap. At some point, someone should probably clean the sink of dishes, too. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment