Thursday, March 5, 2009

Budget FAIL

Well, I'd post a reckoning of how much our dinner cost last night, except that I didn't cook last night. I had a final exam yesterday afternoon in Constitutional Rights Litigation, and decided I'd earned a "treat."


...We went to buffalo wild wings and actually got off cheaper than we normally do. Upon discussion, we both decided that the reasonable way to go from now on seems to be getting an appetizer and one entree and splitting it. There's always too much food anyway.



Tonight is Barbeque Beef Casserole, which consists of
1/2 pound of extra lean ground beef: $2.02
one package of cheap cornbread mix: $1 maybe? Again, I don't have my receipts.
two slices of 2% cheddar cheese: $.60? Maybe less. I don't remember how much we paid for the package.
milk and eggs for the cornbread: another .50. I don't remember.
4 T barbecue sauce: $.25

Along with salad greens, fresh spinach, olive oil, and red wine vinaigrette for a salad. I don't remember how much I paid for these things, but I think the salad greens were $1.50. We might use half, so $.75.

So, total is maybe $5.50. I promise, next week I'll keep the receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment