Sunday, March 8, 2009

Curse you, Morton Salt girl...

...yes, when it rains, it pours. In the last week, the following has happened to the mechanical things we own:

Update 3/9/2009 3:13 PM ... the deluge continues ...

-- My laptop bag broke, so now I have to use Hubby's bag.
--Hubby has lost a crown, which we now have to get fixed.


1) My car has, once again, decided to be difficult. And by difficult, I mean messing up completely. I have to have someone look at it because I don't want to spend $100 to tow it to the repair shop, but at the same time don't think I should drive it. It also needs an oil change.

2) The x-box is making strange sounds and may soon break.

3) ditto for my laptop computer, which is incidentally also held together by electrical tape owing to the screws inexplicably falling out of the case and getting lost, and my inability to find a single person in town who sells laptop screws.

4) Hubby still doesn't have a new phone.

5) Hubby's car needs an oil change and a tire rotation, and is also pulling quite badly to the right, which may or may not be fixed by a rotation and balance.

6) Our television goes green at random, and in order to hear it properly when watching a movie you have to turn the volume all the way up. ...even then, though, you still can't really hear, so we've taken to using the subtitles function.

YAY modern technology-- enabling us to have all this stuff that breaks and we can't afford to fix.
Things that still work (For a splash of good news): my brand-new phone (it had better), our matching MP3 players, the Wii, the refrigerator, and all of our kitchen appliances. Except the coffee maker, which Hubby says cannot make coffee to his picky specifications. The DVD player works, but it's so old at this point we might as well put it in the "could go at any time" category.

Oh, and something made a very strange, disturbing noise-of-breaking the other day, which both Hubby and I heard, but... we couldn't figure out what it was. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment