Friday, January 15, 2010

New Toys are Lots of Fun!

As a part of my (late) Christmas present (to myself, I suppose) I received yesterday via UPS the Clarisonic Classic Skin Care Brush.





If you haven't heard of it, it looks something like this:


Actually, it looks exactly like this. It should be noted, however, that although the picture shows the charger being wet, you aren't supposed to get the charger wet. The brush, however, is completely waterproof.

First impressions: First of all, it's an adorable pink color. Secondly, I like the way it feels on my face, but you have to be careful-- press too hard and you feel it start to irritate your skin.

After the fact, be careful what products you put on your face. Chances are, it's only on rare occasions that your face has been as clean as this sucker gets it. From personal experience, my face got rather red and irritated after application of an acne cream and moisturizer. That's pretty common when using new products, so I didn't worry about it-- I took a Benadryl (just in case I was allergic to something in the cleanser) and went to bed. When I woke up, the redness was gone.

So, to summarize.... it gets my face really, really, squeaky clean, but be careful with the first few uses, as you're likely to experience some irritation as a result of using a new product and getting old products more in contact with your skin than they ever have been before.

Plus, it's adorable. Did I mention that?





No comments:

Post a Comment