Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Procrastination is probably a Sin...

Yes, yes, it has been a long time. Between finals, the holidays, a death in the family, and getting ready for the beginning of school, writing in the blog took pretty much last place.

A few notes today, to get back into the habit.

If you're a fan of British television, I'd like to recommend Father Ted and Fawlty Towers. They're both hilarious TV shows. The former revolves around a trio of Irish Catholic priests on a small island off the coast of Western Ireland. The latter is about a hotel owner constantly facing troubles from his guests, terrifying wife, and the rest of the staff.

On the video game front, the husband very much recommends Left 4 Dead 2, Silent Hill--Homecoming, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I recommend Katamari Forever, which has a strange, acid-trippy quality that keeps you entertained (enthralled? addicted?), despite the fact that it's kind of a kid's game.

I got home this week and got back to work in the kitchen in an attempt to cook foods that weren't completely unhealthy and disgusting.

Among other things this week, we've eaten Chicken Tikka Masala (which, I'm sorry to say, I made from a jar. Next time I'll make it from scratch and post the recipe.), Hummus-- homemade, from a recipe I found on the Food Network website (Rachel Ray), and Pita-- another recipe I found on the Food Network website, although I don't remember who's recipe.

We also had artichokes-- Husband's first time to try them out-- and Waffles-- our first time to try out our new waffle maker.

I also made homemade Challah bread-- yeah, I braided the dough and everything-- and a bread mix called "European Cheese and Herb" or some such. It was all right, but next time I'm going to put some Asiago cheese into the mix before the bread maker gets to work.

As for classes, I've dropped Hazardous Waste owing to our school's changed graduation requirements, so I'm only taking 12 hours this semester. That means only 3 hours per day, so it's kind of nice to have a chance to get things done during the day. At the moment, however, it seems like there's way too much to be done and very little time in which to do it. We'll see how the rest of the semester progresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment