Sunday, February 14, 2010

Football!! (A bit late)

Like everyone else in Louisiana, (or at least, like everyone else in Louisiana SHOULD have been), I was rooting on the Saints last Sunday.



Also, like everyone else in Louisiana, I spent most of the Sunday before the game making food. Lots and lots of food.


The menu included: Black and gold cupcakes (the black iced cupcakes were chocolate with white chocolate icing, and the gold-iced cupcakes were yellow cake with lemon icing), oatmeal white chocolate cookies, Twice baked potatoes, meat pies, chips and tomatillo salsa, and a cheese tray.



I've included pictures of the twice baked potatoes, cupcakes, and cookies, since those were the only things I actually made myself.



Today, I lucked out and found some Meyer lemons at Whole Foods, so I'll be making something with those... I'm also in the process of making a King Cake for Mardi Gras, so there will naturally be some pictures of that later, too.


One last note: for Valentines Day, the Husband got me a DVD of my Big Fat Greek Wedding, a Charm Bracelet from a cute little boutique here in town, and these:

Aren't they beautiful?








No comments:

Post a Comment